Sixth Form Dress Code
As part of our goal to ensure that our students are fully prepared for a successful working life, all students should be dressed for the professional business workplace. This approach reflects the fact that the academy itself is a professional and business-like environment. High standards in dress code reflect high standards in all aspects of student life.
Students are expected to wear one of the following:
- Formal Business Suit with blazer, shirt, tie, and formal trousers.
- Formal Business Dress with blazer. (Dress must have sleeves which cover at least the top quarter of the arm, no stretchy lycra material allowed)
- Formal Business blouse with blazer with formal trousers or formal skirts (Skirts must be at least to the knee, no stretchy lycra material allowed)
All students should wear formal shoes (you must be able to polish them).
Jumpers: A smart, plain jumper may be worn in cold conditions. This must be accompanied by a blazer.
Religious Dress: Students wishing to wear the Islamic dress should wear a simple silhouette jilbab and a hijab. A formal business jacket will need to be worn.
The following is not permitted:
- Casual style dresses such as those with a vest style top, very thin straps, and strapless style top
- Sweatshirts or oversized logos Denim/jeans trousers, jackets, shirts, blouses, or skirts
- Studs on trousers, skirts, or shirts/blouses
- Casual trousers – combats, tracksuits, leggings
- Casual tops – track suit, fleeces, T-shirts, hooded tops, vest tops
- Shorts, tight narrow legged trousers, trousers made of stretchy legging-type material
- Trainers, pumps, canvas shoes, Vans, Kicker trainers or leisure shoes/pumps
- Gloves, hats, caps
- Clothing made of sheer/transparent materials
- Where possible, tattoos should not be visible.
Students will be sent home if they do not conform to the dress code. Parents/Carers will be contacted on the first occasion a student is required to be sent home in relation to a dress code violation.
It is beyond the scope of the policy to provide guidance on every eventuality. In the event of queries, the Assistant Principal with responsibility for the Sixth Form, will act as the arbiter.